Optical sensors include a HD camera for capturing still images and video, a wide-angle tracking camera and a depth-sensing camera, enabling users to ‘pin’ AR items in place and have them remain in the same position. A belt pack contains the device’s battery and processing unit.
DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers the immersive AR experience. The user interface utilises gaze control (gaze & dwell) to explore and select items hands free. Gaze control is used for selecting, managing and quitting applications, typing hands free on a virtual keyboard, browsing web pages, taking pictures or shooting videos, connecting to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and managing other settings. Physical buttons give access to brightness and volume controls, the user interface, and camera.
DAQRI Smart Glasses come with AWS-powered Worksense, a productivity suite of essential AR applications with features like Show, Tag, Scan, Model and Guide.
- Show enables collaboration with remote experts or customers using video chat and digital annotations. Watch the video.
- Tag enables users to attach information to real-world objects to provide “just-in-place data”. Live data from existing enterprise systems can also be linked. Watch the video.
- Scan instantly maps environments and equipment to create photorealistic, shareable 3D digital models. Watch the video.
- Model provides users a simple way to upload, view and explore 3D models. Model: BIM Edition converts high resolution 3D objects from Autodesk BIM 360 Docs into immersive, full-scale walkthroughs.
- Guide brings work instructions, job plans, and reference media into AR view and helps deliver the right content to people in the context of their jobs and environment.