- Interactive 3D presentation for in-depth exploration of tug design, marine engine and underlying eco-friendly technology
- Game engine based real-time rendering for a compelling interactive experience
- Three-dimensional rotation of each 3D element, from overall ship to hybrid power module components
- Flow chart animation to help users understand the hybrid engine operation
- User analytics to track how users interact with the presentation
“I have been working with Stereoscape for several years already, and I’m always impressed by the way the team drives the project forward and how quickly they are able to grasp the main values and functionalities of the products. In this case this technical understanding and project management capability resulted in an impressive interactive 3D presentation which was finished well within the set deadline, and which has received great feedback from our target groups.” Maria Nystrand, General Manager, Marketing, Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is the global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. The company’s HY TUG designs emphasise environmental sustainability – increasingly important for tug owners and operators – and are developed utilising the company’s strong competences in hybrid propulsion technology. To showcase their newly launched HY TUG designs, Wärtsilä was looking for a highly effective and engaging product presentation solution for the international WorkBoat Show 2018. The show is held every year in New Orleans and attracts members of the commercial marine industry.
Stereoscape’s expertise in making complex product stories simple resulted in a SMARTSCAPE® solution for an “Interactive Tug Boat ” – an interactive product presentation that consists of powerful 3D visualisations and multiple layers of content showing HY TUG operations in various scenarios, and from an overview of overall ship to in-depth demonstration of engine components. Having worked with Wärtsilä since 2014 helped us understand the client’s industry and B2B product communication needs.
- The solution presents complex technology with the help of game engine based real-time renders and 3D animation in an engaging, easy-to-understand, yet highly informative manner
- The touch & click user interface and progressive navigation allow self-guided interactive product tours by prospects, customers and other audiences
- The solution communicates key features, benefits and customer value of the client’s innovative technology and helps ensure consistent product knowledge transfer in an international sales organisation
- The application was distributed as an executable file for the Windows operating system for offline use, considering busy network connections during exhibitions
- The application provides a direct link to Wärtsilä’s online diesel engine configurator to deliver a flawless end-to-end product story from introduction to customer-specific configuration
- Smartscape User Analytics provides data regarding the number of clicks on each scene, the time and date. The data collected can be further visualised as pivot tables for more insight.